Applying the linings is more finicky work. In addition to the pieces being small, their length must be very accurate, and the glue mustn't get on any exterior surfaces. I started by cutting a notch in the corners of each block to act as mortises. Then I soaked in warm water the lining material I had prepared last year. Next I cut each lining piece to length and glued it in place. Clothes pins, applied as densely as possible, hold the lining material to the ribs. I cleaned my fingers after each one.
Once that was all done for 12 lining pieces, I glued the raw bass bar onto the belly of the left-handed instrument. Yes, I remembered to put it in the correct (right) position!